A home security system is responsible for keeping your family and valuables safe.
Benefits of Home Security System
- It helps in preventing burglars from targeting your home.
- It also serves as a preventive measure by giving advanced warning of an unsavory situation, thereby helping in taking preventive measures.
The common types of home security systems are discussed below.
Monitored security system
- These consist of home alarms that are connected to a monitoring station.
- The monitoring services are usually provided by the alarm companies.
- Whenever the alarm sounds, the information goes to the company offering the monitoring services as intrusion signal.
- The company calls the homeowner and if there’s no response or the alarm is not due to an action of the homeowner, the police are notified.
- In case of a mistake on homeowner’s part, the alarm company verifies their credentials and passcode.
- The alarm companies usually charge a monthly fee for the monitoring services.
Non-monitored security system
- This system is not connected to a monitoring station.
- They can be preset to dial the police station in case of a break-in.
- In case of intrusion, an alarm is sounded and connected lights start flashing.
Wired security system
- It includes discreetly placed low voltage wires that connect the components of the home alarm system.
- The connection and components depend on the fact whether the alarm system is monitored or non-monitored.
Wireless security system
- This system uses small radio transmitters.
- The central control units receive a signal when the radio transmitters are activated.
- The components are battery powered.
- These systems are not susceptible to outside interference.